"St. Pete Free Skool Pinhole Camera Workshop"St. Pete Free Skool
2621 Fairfield Ave. S.
St. Petersburg, Florida 33712, United States
DATES: Saturday, April 28, 2012 - Saturday, April 28, 2012
Contact: Jim Grinaker
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/events/340928139298598/
We'll be building our own cameras and developing our own pictures! No prior experience needed. Pinhole cameras are easy to make and produce surreal, dreamlike photographs. Especially for those who have already built cameras, feel free to come and experiment with new designs!
For those interested, we’ll also be expanding into the use and modification of vintage / antique film cameras, especially 120 cameras.
Please RSVP for this event, because we'll need to procure expensive chemical and photographic supplies.
Stay after for the show!
Consider bringing (None required, but helpful):
- Black and White photographic paper (old or new )
- Light tight containers or containers which can be made light tight – such as coffee cans, cookie tins, oatmeal boxes, cigar boxes, etc.
- USB thumb drive – tos tore photos or film we scan / alter (we may venture into hybrid film / digital techniques to save time and resources)
- Needles (to make the pinhole – numbered are better)
- Electrical tape (to stop light leaks)